Sunday, August 3, 2014

Healing...

I've tried not to walk around in a funk after losing the last baby but eventually it caught up with me and I haven't been sleeping well. So I'm dealing the best way I know how.

In the meantime I had a consult with my doctor and I was sent for a blood work up to test for something called Thrombophilia. From my research I've learned that this is a type of blood clotting disorder and they test for about 8 different things with this test. I guess that would explain the many, many vials of blood that they took. The results take about 7-10 days to come back in.  So I'm just waiting for them to come back to meet and discuss these with my RE about those results.

As I was researching I found info linked to infertility for people with Vitamin D deficiency. I found out that I had this during the 3 months that I was off work dealing with the herniated disc in my L5. Yet my neurologist only suggested I take supplements but never gave any real instructions on how much of a supplement I needed and the frequency of that dosage.

I found an article that explained how low Vitamin D is linked to implantation failure, miscarriage, and pre eclampsia. So after talking with my friend who not only has 6 kids and is very health conscious she explained how she and her whole family take Vitamin D supplements everyday including her 5 month old. She gave me the info for the supplements they take which are small eraser size tabs that quick dissolve with barely any taste to you.

We'll see how this works out.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment