Saturday, August 23, 2014

Now I Understand... Kinda

So after having to wait an extra 2 weeks due to the lag in one test, a mini flood that still has me carless, going out of town for my friend's wedding and still working in between Mr. B and I finally met up with the RE to discuss the results from the bloodwork.

I'll be honest and tell you that I was dreading that my doctor would say something was wrong just as much as saying everything came back normal because I really needed a reason of why this keeps happening to me but no one wants something to be wrong.

We get to the office a little early and sit in the waiting room and I can't stop my legs from shaking in a nervous twitchy way. Even as we walk back to her office and my RE comments that we have lots to discuss I feel a pang in my lower stomach of this can't be good.

She briefly goes over the info of the last IVF cycle and the things she finds interesting about the way Mr. B's sperm reacted kinda laying out our odds in the matter.

Then she starts on me. I have a Vitamin D deficiency (which of course I already knew) and though not uncommon especially living in MI it's definitely a problem. A low but still normal Vitamin D level would be 30 mine is at an 18. I've already started taking the supplements on my own but it was after the bloodwork panel. Still I was encouraged to take it everyday at the 5,000 dosage.

Next she went into the issue she's found I have something called MTHFR which is basically a blood clotting disorder where I create more blood clots than my body needs. She placed me on a high dose of folic acid and vitamin B called Folgard.

Later she would like to place me on Heparin (a blood thinner) and progesterone shots (that were explained to hurt badly).

As for right now I'm taking the Folgard and low dose aspirin until we are ready to try again.

Until next time... Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment