Sunday, November 16, 2014

Updates and news...

Well I've been pretty MIA these last few weeks and so much has happened that I don't know where to start.  

I've been meaning to write this post for a week now but everything has been such a whirlwind with working and the start of graduate school (plus midterms this week) it's been hard to keep up. We started our next cycle after the frozen IVF cycle was a bit of a bust. There was a bit of debate with the clinic since I had already done a fresh and frozen IVF cycle that we would continue along the IVF route. Well honestly we never wanted to go the IVF route because we wanted to try as natural as possible if we could so that wasn't our plan anyway.  So IUI was suggested instead of IVF. Which there is nothing wrong with that either but every time they've tested my husband's sperm count and morphology it came back consistently with high numbers for both and call me old fashion but I'd prefer to be normal and just go home and have sex with my husband. I know it sounds crazy but we just wanted to "make" a baby the regular way. 

So once that was all sorted out and it had been decided that we would do a Gonal F injection cycle with timed intercourse I was pleased. After the start of my cycle and going in on day 3 for blood work and ultrasound I stimmed for about 6 or 7 days with gradual increases so that I wouldn't overstimulate like I did before and end up going through IVF again. When I did my trigger shot I had one egg that was a size 18 or 19 on the right and a 14 or 15 on the left. Since my first miscarriage was due to low progesterone I am automatically on some form of it in my two week wait. 

This past Monday I went in for my Beta I get to the clinic at 6:30 am chat with the girls in the lab about our weekends and my dress and cute boots (they always tell me I'm so dressed up) and head to work like normal. 

Typically I don't hear from my nurse until well after 1 pm when she calls so to get a call around 9 I just knew something went wrong. It wasn't my "assigned" nurse because she was off that day but it was another one named Jennifer. She explained that she had my results back from my test and that
I AM PREGNANT...
My numbers were high and strong. (In all my excitement I didn't ask what that initial number was). 

She instructed me to continue all my medicine except for the prolactin medicine I was taking and come back in two days. 

When I went back in Wednesday for bloodwork I was nervously excited but it was quick and I was in and out. My regular nurse called to tell me that my number more than doubled so I was sitting at a wonderful 477 (the first number was 174) and that I would need to come in next Thursday (11/20) for an ultrasound.

To say I am in shock is an understatement but I am living in the moment. The best was the way I told my husband but I'll save that for the next post.

Until next time... Send sticky thoughts and Pray for me...



No comments:

Post a Comment