Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Beginning

How I learned I wasn't invincible...
My husband (Mr. B) and I have been together since senior year of high school but we've only been married for the last 3 years (at the end of August). Early in the marriage we made a deal that we would wait 1 year after getting married before we started TTC (trying to conceive) just so we could get use to it being he and I before we added to that mixture.
When that year was up we tried for a full year and my body started doing things it hadn't done since high school my cycles started being irregular. This one 29 days the next one 40... The worst of this was when my cycle disappeared for 3 months. I made a call to my GYN and she had me come in for a pregnancy test and then told me it was normal after it confirmed what I already knew... I wasn't pregnant
She gave me Provera and told me it should jump start everything. Of course it did but about 2 months later I was back in the same boat of my cycle disappearing for another 3 months straight.
That's when I was told I wasn't ovulating and she placed me on 50mg of clomid.  Fast forward through 3 months of hot flashes, mood swings, ovulation pains and I ended up finding out I was pregnant 7 days before my 30th birthday. Sadly enough I lost the baby 2 days after my birthday due to low progesterone.
For the next 12 months I endured more rounds of clomid with higher dosages and I just couldn't get pregnant again at least not one that I could hold on to. Finally I was referred to see an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) because there was nothing more she could do for me. After a 2 month waiting list and an intense review of my  medical history. I was inducted into the world of INFERTILITY.
They drew my blood for some lab work, scheduled me for a HSG test and had Mr. B do "his business" in a cup for a SA (semen analysis).
The Results: Mr. B's swimmers are great as far motility and number. As for me I don't have an exact diagnosis on why I (we) are struggling with getting pregnant. My thyroid is normal though higher than she likes so I was placed on Levothyroxine to get it in the range my RE prefers. My HSG came back good so my tubes aren't blocked and there is no issue of fibroids, PCOS or endometriosis. 
So now we are playing the try it out and let's see what happens game. So I guess the part where I'm invincible and things like this don't happen to me showed me I wasn't living in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment