Friday, July 18, 2014

Where I am Today...

After deciding to change to an IVF cycle I did 1 more injection of the meds that night. 2 trigger shots the next night and went in for the Egg Retrieval the day after the 4th of July holiday.

All I remember from most of that day is that my anesthesiologist had my same name and they give out delicious goldfish graham crackers lol... I pretty much was in and out of sleep most of that day and I had alot of bloating because my ovaries were still enlarged.

The RE called the next morning and told me that they retrieved 15 eggs and 11 of them were mature. Of that 11 only 6 fertilized and they would call me on Day 3 to let me know if I needed to come in that day or on Day 5 to do the transfer.  I read so much on Google leading up to Day 3 that I hoped for a Day 5 transfer. I was lucky enough for once to actually get my wish on that.

Day 5 transfer went so quickly and I really felt hardly anything pain wise. It's true what I've read about it being a bit better than a pap smear (sorry probably tmi). The doctor asked if we were doing 1 or 2 embryos and we decided on two (I'll write about that later) she then showed us a picture of the 2 embryos and explained that one  was already hatching and the other was ready to start so with those embryos we were likely to get twins and were we ok with that... umm of course?

Currently I'm at 8dp5dt so I'm waiting to go in for my Beta in the morning. I don't really have any symptoms other than being a little more tired and the occasional cramping in the lower left side of my stomach. I've been too nervous to test early and I think I can handle the news better from the clinic whether it's bad or good.

Oh how I hope it's good news...

Until next time. Keep me in your prayers.

We shall see what the morning shall bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment